Monday, March 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Because I was less than thrilled with last Monday's appointment at the therapist, I did not feel the need to call them and let them know I would have to get to my appointment on time for Wednesday, since I have to get to my preschool class. However, I did not wait until 8:00 p.m. to call because I knew the office would be closed and I wouldn't have to talk to anyone. I also did not write down notes for what I wanted to say, so I wouldn't ramble!

When I went to Wal-Mart for my first excursion without a wheelchair, I did not find the "enter" door blocked by a workman, which also prevented me from getting a cart. So, I for sure did not decide to try to walk about without a cart and get the things I needed. After carrying a pizza, rice, eyedroppers, and contact solution, I absolutely did not go through the checkout and carry my bags out to the entrance, only to put my bags in the cart and then haul them out to the car. Nope, I would never do anything so ridiculous as that--walk through the store without a cart and get one on the way out to the car.

This week I was not super excited when I was able to walk around the house in my socks! Yes, I did. My days of putting on heels after a shower are OVER!

As I was travelling home from church yesterday, I was not overcome with "stupid driver" comments as I followed a car with the left turn signal for several blocks. As the driver slowed, preparing for the turn, my thought were not confirmed as the car turned....right! Are you kidding me?

As I've said before, I love the webcam on my computer. Last night my sister and brother-in-law were here and we did not get on the webcam and "chat" with my sister in KC. It basically was a singspiration, starring Jess. Throughout this 90 minutes of hysterical fun, I did not find myself with tears running down my eyes from laughing so hard. And when Jess lip-lynced to Josh Groban singing the Star Spangled Banner, I though my insides would explode. Yes, it was hilarious!

5 comments:

erin said...

i love your walmart story! that's great!

yep... i think i will be eternally grateful for my webcam!

Jess(ica) said...

that walmart thing is funny... but why were you at walmart? They suck! haha

And I totally hear ya sista on the stupid driver thing! One time some guy almost cause a huge accident in a snow storm so at the light I told him to roll down his window; he did (big mistake) and I told him what I thought of his driving! lol!

Alicia said...

Yes, I laughed very hard at your walmart story! Honestly it sounds like something I would do!

I have a webcam but have no clue how to use it! So you are doing better than me in that area lol!

Becky said...

I had to do the heel thing with jeans on SUnday, as we stayed in duluth all day....I thought of you, but I also thought of someone in church....lol.... can you guess??

Heather said...

yes, becky, i'm TOTALLY with you on that comment! :)