Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Me! Monday



This blog carnival was created by MckMama. Head on over to her blog to join in on the fun and read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week!

This week I definitely did not take off 2 days from school so I could go to a ladies craft retreat for 3 days. And at this retreat that I did not go to, I for sure would not have been the one to stay up until 3:00 a.m. to finish 3 quilts (which were Christmas presents from 2007).

It definitely was not me who was planning to stay at church for 12 hours on Sunday, first for church, then worship team practice, then planning for preschool. It could not have been me who, while walking (only walking, people!), heard a terrible ripping/tearing/snapping sound and realized I can't walk. Nope, I did not have knife-stabbing pain searing through my left calf, causing me not to be able to walk. And I for sure did not almost faint from the pain. Since all of this did not happen to me, I'm wondering why I'm sitting here in the recliner at 11:11 a.m. on a Monday, with the pain in my leg almost more than I can bear. It must be a bad dream or something.

Yesterday I did not have my first wheelchair ride.

It for sure wasn't me who crawled around the house when needing to get to the bathroom. And I did not realize that I would probably lose a crawing contest with my nephews. How do they do it? Hurts the knees like crazy!

After a few agonizing minutes in the shower this morning, I absolutely for sure did not put on a 2 inch heeled shoe, because I can't stand flat on my left foot. I was not limping around the house in a bathrobe and one heeled shoe. How's that for a fashion statement?

I did not contemplate the Bible verse that says something to the effect that if your leg offends you, cut it off. Hmmmmmm.... what kind of knife would I use for that?

Well, that's about all for this Monday. I am not counting the hours till I go to the orthopedic clinic to see what in the world is wrong with my leg. I'll keep you posted. (I just realized that is kind of a pun... and I'm not even on painkillers-yet!)

5 comments:

erin said...

you'll have to let me know how the appointment goes.
i was up with ry from 3:30 to about 4:45am because he was just laying there moaning. and i had bad bad cramps in my legs. so i was laying in bed with my aching legs and i was praying for you for a long time. i knew that if my little leg cramps hurt that your leg would hurt much more. so i was praying that your calf wasn't keeping you up last night and that you got some good sleep!

wv: latoure

talk to you latoure

Heather said...

sorry you were up so long last night. i did get some sleep, but every time i rolled over, i woke up. so, i might be ready for a nap soon. i need to get up and move or something, cuz my back is getting stiff from sitting. can't win, i guess!

Heather said...

Sorry your leg hurts so much!
I did laugh about the heel and bathrobe though!

Kristin said...

ouch! funny "not me's" - well, except for the excruciating pain parts!

Mrs. *B* said...

very cute blog! ;)