Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Procrastination, Success, and Awards...

This will be full of some random ramblings. I guess I can do that once in a while, seeing as how that's the name of my blog!

Today was a day I'd been procrastinating about for a long time. You see, I have a corner of the basement that is full of my stuff. And when I say "full", I mean to-the-ceiling "full". I've long since forgotten exactly what was back there. I knew there was some college stuff and probably children's books, and since I'll be teaching preschool this year, I thought it was a good idea to see exactly what was back there. Here's a sneak peek...
Does it look like a pile of junk to you? Well, that's exactly what most of it is! My pile for Goodwill is gradually getting larger and my pile of stuff to pack in totes is shrinking. Now, you might be wondering What is the procrastination part of this? Well, I'm procrastinating because I'm watching a baseball game instead of sorting through this stuff...


or this stuff...
Well, one tote plus 2 boxes of children's books later, the success part becomes evident. The aforementioned children's books have been weeded through and I have eliminated 2 whole boxes, bringing my total to 3 full totes! YAY!

The recurring item in my stash? I'll let you decide. Here's tote #1.

Yes, it's full of fabric. Not too bad, right? Let's move over to tote #2.


Yep, that's full of fabric too! Any guesses about the contents of tote #3, or tote #4, or tote #5? Or tote #? How many are there anyway? Well... a picture is worth 1,000 words, so...

Yes, my friends, that's 1... 2... 3... 4... 14 totes of fabric! Not to mention the bags of batting on top of the totes. So, I guess it goes without saying that I have plenty of purse-making material! Now if I just had the time.

I feel today was a partial success because I now know what is in all those totes, and all the fabric totes are stacked together and accessible! Now for those piles...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finally, on to happier things... Last week, my blog friend Ashley at Let Go, Laughing sent me an award. Thanks, Ashley! You should check out her blog. She's so funny, and she has a really great video there, too! Now I have to come up with 10 things I love. Okay, let me rephrase that. I have to come up with only 10 things I love.

1. Fabric--I think this is self-explanatory, especially from the above pictures.

2. Summer vacation--It's almost gone, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

3. Sharpie Markers--Can you ever have too many markers?

4. Telephones--Today my sister Erin called me when I was in the middle of my mess. Oh, how did she know I needed a break?

5. Barq's Root Beer--Yes, it has bite!

6. My camera--How many thousands of pictures have I taken?
7. Flip flops--You gotta show off those tan lines somehow!

8. Children's books--Once again, refer to above paragraph!

9. Books--When I'm not reading blogs, I usually have a good book to read. If only I had more time...

10. Friends--I'm looking forward to spending 3 days with a good friend. We graduated together--only the two of us--15 years ago and we're going to relive our "amazing" senior trip. Details to come.

Thanks again, Ashley, for this lovely award!



Here are some blogs I've been reading lately (and to whom I'm sending the awards):

1. Erin @ Ben+Erin=Samantha+Ryan

2. Sara @ Domestically Challenged

3. Kelly @ Kelly's Korner

4. Raechel @ Finding My Feet

5. Jessica @ Is It Nap Time Yet?

6. Kristin @ Girly Girl

7. Ace @ If You Think Round Is Funny

5 comments:

erin said...

ummmm....FOURTEEN TOTES OF FABRIC?! are you crazy girl?! :-)

glad i was able to be of service to you today when i called! and i'm still laughing about dwight dwight dwight dwight... dwight k shrute. did i surprise you?! :-)

Ace said...

YAY! Thanks so much!

I would be with Erin on the whole 'FOURTEEN TOTES OF FABRIC?!' but I have at least 3 totes worth of yarn myself so I can't really talk.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

fourteen totes!?!? you have got to be joking.. you better get sewing!

thanks for the shout out with the award. i love sharpies! aren't they the best!?!

Heather said...

yes, i know i'm psycho! i really didn't know i had that must. i'm not even going to start with how much srcapbooking paper i have. i know i need to get sewing, but i need to start SELLING some first before i waste time in sewing them if no one is going to buy them. :)

A day in the Life... said...

Wow you DO have a lot of fabric lol