Monday, August 10, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday. This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I've been on vacation in Kansas City, and shopping was most definitely not one of our pass times. Our destinations? Absolutely not fabric stores. With several totes of fabric at home, there is no way that I would need any more. I don't know... somehow it just jumped in my cart and begged to be brought home!

Speaking of Kansas City... any idea how stinkin' how it is there? We saw temps this past week in the high 90s. Added with the humidity, the heat index was over 100. Well, what do two highly-sophisticated, not at all redneck sisters do on such a hot day? Erin and I definitely did not join Samantha in her kiddie pool in the backyard. And we did not get completely drenched in the process. Hey, what are buckets for, anyway? They were just sitting there begging to be filled with water and dumped over sisters' heads!

Sunday was my big driving day. I did not pray for clouds, because it's much easier to drive without the 100-degree sun beating down on you. It's always a challenge to keep myself entertained in the car, especially when driving alone. In reading the road signs, for a split-second I did not have a sickening feeling in my stomach. It's was more than the fact that I don't like Chinese food. Normally this wouldn't have grossed me out. The title of the restaurant? Hunan Chinese Restaurant. Driving past at 70 mph, I for sure did not misread this as Human Chinese Restaurant. Oh, I'm so thankful that double-take reassured me my eyes were playing tricks on me!

Driving through Iowa, I was impressed with the clouds (that I prayed for!). Not wanting to stop every five minutes, you would not have caught me snapping pictures as I was driving.




I did stop for this shot!
After being in KC for two weeks, I did not become accustomed to the heat... therefore, feeling the 60 degree temp when I arrived home in Minnesota, I definitely did not shiver when I got out of the car!

I almost hate to admit this, but today as I was driving through town, I most certainly did not see a red maple tree. I tried to look the other way and ignore that it was there, but I was already sucked in. My eyes were drawn to the brilliant color and before I knew it, I was seeing red leaves! Fall colors??? You have got to be kidding me! It's NOT time yet! I'm not ready. Yikes, so much to do!

So there you have it, a brief synopsis of what I did not do this week. Join the fun next week!

1 comment:

erin said...

dude! fall colors already?!

and i love the milage pic!