Saturday, January 24, 2009

3/52 Photo Challenge

This week's photo challenge certainly didn't take long for me to do, since Grand Rapids is a rather small town. But here are some of the highlights.


As you enter town from the east, you'll see this sign... I wonder how many of our tax dollars were spent on that??



This building is the Old Central School. You guessed it. It was once a school. Now it's full of shops, a restaurant, and a museum. A landmark in the heart of Grand Rapids.



A look at the old part of downtown.


The Post Office where my Dad worked many years.


This is something about Grand Rapids I don't understand. This water tower was repainted last year. While the color is fine, along with everybody I've talked to, I don't understand the slogan. I personally think it doesn't make sense, but if anyone out there has any ideas, please enlighten me!


This is my church and school where I work.


And who can forget Wal-Mart!!! I only wish they had frequent shopper discounts! :)



Well, there you have it. A quick look at the town of Grand Rapids. Try the photo challenge yourself. It's great fun!

3 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

Hi Heather!

I seriously don't get that water tower slogan either!

what the heck??!

A day in the Life... said...

I don't understand why the water tower says that either. I wonder how many tax dollars it cost us to have that painted on there ? ;)

erin said...

ok... i just got enlightened. wasn't the town named because the rapids on the mississippi were so grand there? and isn't a river a part of nature? and the river is in minnesota.... so the "grand rapids" are in minnesota's nature.

i'm either really smart this morning (if i hit the nail on the head) or still way too tired (if that totally made sense to no one else but me)!

good pics heath.