Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things

This is a copy of the note I wrote on facebook. It's much easier to link to this page than the facebook page, so I thought I'd post it. The instructions were to list 25 random things about yourself. It's kinda fun.

1. I will see "Phantom of the Opera" at the Kansas City Music Hall in 70 days, 19 hours, 17 minutes, and 18 seconds.
2. I wish I had more time to play the piano.
3. I spent nearly two months of this past summer in Alaska.
4. I have been known to take over 800 pictures in a very short time--say, 2 hours.
5. My favorite movie(s) of all time is Anne of Green Gables.
6. I love to read, and wish I had more time for it.
7. I will never go white water rafting---scares me to death.
8. My favorite restaurant is Olive Garden--bring on the manicotti.
9. I have been asked by my friends never to make manicotti ever again...long story.
10. I don't like speaking in front of large groups.
11. I almost didn't major in education in college because I was scared to death of student teaching.
12. I absolutely LOVED student teaching and would do it all over again in a heartbeat!
13. I have been on 3 missions trips to Costa Rica and Guatemala.
14. My dream vacation is Tuscany, Italy.
15. I still get a queasy stomach when I drive past a horrible place I used to work, until I remember I don't work there anymore.
16. I love the smell of coffee beans, but can't stand the taste.
17. My nieces and nephews call me "Auntie Rah."
18. I once had to go to Minneapolis for jury selection for federal grand jury...and was completely relieved when I wasn't selected, but still enjoyed the $300 I got for mileage, hotel, meals, etc.
19. I have a license to teach birth-3rd grade children and have spent the last 7 years teaching junior & senior high school students!
20. My favorite color is blue.
21. I would love to live in a log cabin surrounded by mountains.
22. My email account was hijacked and all my contacts were told I was in Africa and needed money to pay for hotels.
23. I hate snakes and spiders.
24. My favorite sport to watch is baseball--go MN Twins!
25. I LOVE spending time with family and friends.

No comments: