Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
but the fire is so delightful
and as long as we've no place to go
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

It's a great day to stay inside and cuddle up with a good book (which I did earlier) and hot chocolate. Yesterday the pine trees were covered in frosty snow. I managed to hike through the snow and snap a few pictures. As the chickadees were chirping at the feeder, I was thinking about how God takes care of the birds, even by giving them the instinct to prepare for a coming storm. How comforting to know that God cares even more about us.



Today, the storm is in full force. Looking outside, all I see is blowing snow, with an occasional strong gust off the roof. Visibility is very limited, and not many people are out on the roads, although the snowmobilers are having fun! I'm glad I'm inside where it's warm and there's plenty of hot cocoa and books...speaking of books, I have 5 chapters left so I know what I'm going to do this afternoon. Now for the hot cocoa...

1 comment:

erin said...

Beautiful Heather!!! Oh I'm excited to see the snow.