Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me! Monday

It's time again for Not Me! Monday. This fun, addictive, super-therapeutic blog carnival was created by MckMama. Check out her blog to see what she and everyone else have not done this week.

First of all, it has not been 2 weeks since I posted a Not Me! But, since last Monday was Memorial Day, I guess it was okay not to post that day. I was not so completely busy last week working on school videos that I didn't have time to do much else last week.

On Wednesday, the last day of preschool this year, we had a family potluck dinner. There were almost 40 people there that night. The previous week, I had asked the students what song they would want to perform for their parents, grandparents, etc. Without blinking an eye, they unanimously chimed in "Bear Hunt." So we set up the chairs and tables... everything was perfect. That night as the kids were performing the song, parents, grandparents, siblings, and friends watched them with smiles on their faces. So far so good. As they "climbed the tree" (AKA Little Tykes picnic table) to look for the bear, I did not see the table buckle under their weight and start to collapse. Yeah, sure, we've done this ALL year long with no problems and the one time their parents are around, they see their children in a dangerous situation--a table collapsing underneath them. Well, no one was hurt and the kids just laughed.

On my last day of school, there is no way I would have let my students goof off most of the day. We already cancelled school for Friday, so how could I in good conscience let them play on Thursday also? Well, it actually was fairly easy! Being the "mean" teacher I am, I did not go to Walmart and buy big bubble wands for my junior and senior high students. After I did not bring them to the Mexican restaurant for lunch (no, I really did not pay), I for sure did not let them "blow away" the afternoon. Nope, not me!
Saturday I was so excited to find some garage sales, since up until now, I've been in school when garage sales are usually happening. I searched the paper, found some potential sales, and headed out. All of the sales were not completely worthless and I was not driving around town for 30 minutes trying to find ONE sale, only to find out it was the wrong address in the ad. How annoying! There was something that did make my time more enjoyable (or at least blogworthy). Coming from a small, yet definitely classy, town, it would never be possible to see a person pushing a shopping cart down the road. That would not be something you could see in our upscale, rural neighborhood.

While the shopping cart was quite hilarious--wait a minute, what shopping cart? I did not say anything about a shopping cart, did I? Anyway, ahem, back to the present story... As I was not saying, the shopping cart was hilarious, but believe it or not, there was something better. During my quest for sales, I absolutely, positively, for sure did not see a road sign labeled "Toilet Town Road." Are you kidding me? A quick double take reassured me that I had read it correctly. Wow, that talk about our upscale, classy town? Well, that just went down the... you know... toilet. No pun intended.

2 comments:

erin said...

lol. lovely pun. man i wish you would've had your camera. a cart and a toilet road!

Ace said...

I tagged you on my blog!